Tin Cottage Journal

Tin Cottage Journal

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

In Conversation With God

In Conversation with God: Complete Set v. 1-7: Meditations for Each Day of the YearIn Conversation with God: Complete Set v. 1-7: Meditations for Each Day of the Year by Francis Fernandez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading this set is an ongoing process for me. It is a work meant to be read as part of daily prayer and meditation. The richness and depth of its spiritually nourishing content is not absorbable in mass quantity. It must be savored, pondered in one's heart and mind, accepted as a communion of bread and wine, to receive its refreshing and healing properties.

This set is on my "short list" of books and writers who have bottled and administer an infusion of living oil and wine. These range from strongly astringent to the tenderest of offerings. Their common factor is the revelation of Jesus to me, in my life, my own inner being, and in those I encounter along the way.

This list includes:

'My Utmost for His Highest' by Oswald Chambers
Anything by Henry Nouwen
and George MacDonald

There are a few others, but these rank highest on my "stranded on an island" reading material.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment